Friday, August 24, 2012

Oldies Inspiration

I was going through some anatomy notes the other day and stumbled upon some old character stuff I did for a drawing for animation class I had back at Cogswell. Some of the sheets I like (head comps) and some I don't (turnarounds). I'll post them as a reminder and motivation to create more in my off time and get better at designing. Enjoy!
This was for the final project of the class and the assignment was to take the characters of the Wizard Of Oz and make them your own. We could change the story but keep the theme in place. My premise was old washed up horror movie icons (Dracula - Cowardly Lion, The Mummy - Tin Man, and Frankenstein - The Scarecrow) that what to get back in the entertainment business. Dorthy, was an inspiring film maker and journalist who wanted to document and capture their rise back to the top!

Expression Sheets




 
Turnarounds




No comments: